Footage from My Wordflight Series Reading

Thanks to Ryki Zuckerman for inviting me to read at the Crane Library for Just Buffalo's Wordflight Series this past Monday (June 13th), and thanks to Adam Ashley for filming it. Here are two snippets of the political poetry portion of the reading:





I also read from Snowing Fireflies, Of Creatures, and an excerpt from a small novel I recently finished called Children. My friend Tom Luckie (here's a wonderful story he wrote in the recent issue of Broken Pencil) and my hip-hop boyfriend Nate Hughes both came. Here's me and Nate spitting some flows at Guerilla Gallery:





I also got to meet Matchbook editor Brian Mihok and Gold Wake Press author, Jeannie Hoag. I surprisingly sold a couple books. It was fun. Thank you for your time.

2 comments:

Ethel Rohan said...

Glad to read all this goodness, Eric. You and Nate 'spit some flows' good.

Eric Beeny said...

Thanks so much, Ethel! Yeah, me and Nate spit some flows pretty okay...